Thursday, November 10, 2005

Uses #4

I recently went online for a search on something to do with worms and found a site that deals in various seeds, bird seed,animal feed, human feed. They are based in China where hempseed is sold in bulk as birdseed. They grow alot of hemp in china because they are wise when it comes to useing every bit of land to feed and clothe their people. They have had to be. It is a status symbol to wear jeans made from inferior cotton because it means such a huge outlay of money and resources and land that the regular hemp clothes does not. The hempseed is so plentifull in china it is sold to feed the birds! I pray China does not totally submit to the western culture of waste. I do not think they can. The efficient use of materials in China is what makes it a force to be delt with on the global stage.

As a side note, if I had written this during the McCarthy era I would be labeled a "red" and tossed in jail. I am grateful we live in (somewhat) more emlightened times.

Michael J. Kaer, President of Kaer Enterprises (.com) and www.mikesworms.com

3 Comments:

  • I never knew hemp could be used in so many ways ;-)

    By Blogger Tim, at 7:54 AM  

  • A few books written by Chris Conrad can tell you more. Thanks for stopping by my site, I stopped by yours and got sucked into all the other blogs linked to yours. Proff that blogging works.
    Michael.

    By Blogger Michael Kaer, at 7:31 PM  

  • The typo fairy has struck again, That should read "Proof"

    By Blogger Michael Kaer, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home