Friday, June 25, 2010

Answers(?) from Health Canada

Hi Folks.

I just got off the phone with a guy named Wes at Health Canada. I explained that I had sent an email to Health Canada and never got an answer. The question was basically -how does a person who does not have a doctor be able to have access to this medicine? I also wanted to know exactly how many staff work on the MMAR applications. I am trying to get to the bottom of why there is a 3 month delay in processing applications. I figure the first start is to know how many people we have hired to to run the program. I know they only have about 5000 applications to go through ( according to the latest numbers out), when in actual fact there should be more than 200 times that number (over a million Canadians want access to Cannabis medicines). What is going to happen when the numbers increase? More delays? These are sick and dieing people who need their medicine NOW!!! If we are going to have a Cannabis Medicine system set up, why don't we do it properly. Yes, I am fully aware that our Prime Minister has some religious reasons for wanting to close down the program completely, but he has our pesky Constitiution and Charter of rights to deal with. With only 5000 (or so)applications from all over the entire country why should there be ANY delay. Heck, hire me, I will get through all the applications in a few weeks. I wonder if the Prime Minister has had a hand in this directly, because this smells rotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home